Saturday, December 4, 2010
Day Two of Twenty
I'm following the program over at Day Twenty to see how and where it leads me. I haven't read ahead, so I don't know how this will turn out. I may be disappointed or I may be enlightened, but I'm liking the structure so far.
Day Two Tasks
Self help means just that: you are the only one who can help yourself.
1. Take a bath or shower. And be sure to wear cologne or perfume... you deserve to smell wonderful.
I know, you took one yesterday. So what. Do it again today.
2. Make your bed.
3. Plan to eat some kind of fruit today. Orange juice doesn't count.
4. Starting today and for the next 18 days, take two photos of people, pets, or places that you enjoy.
Start a file on your computer and keep these photos as a photo journal.
5. Everyone you visit with today, be sure to greet them by their name at some point in the conversation.
At the end of the day, make a list of every name that you used today.
6. At the end of the day, write down, don't just think about, write down the three things/people/actions that pissed you off most today.
If you are mad at yourself for doing or not doing something... that counts as one of the three.
7. Put $1.25 in cash in a glass on your bedstand.
If you don't have the cash, go the ATM. And get some extra; you'll need some for tomorrow too. Discipline.
Last night's visit was just wonderful! I was gifted with a new book that I can't wait to read. More on that later. Talia, my friend, has also asked that we take a trip together next summer. Destination TBD. Sounds fun!
Today's plans include a workout this early morning, a meeting at nine and then I'm functioning as the crew chief for two teams competing in a race. Should be fun.
I'd purchased tickets to a historic home tour for Bick and I, but have invited my Mom and Sister to come in and attend that with me, so I'll need to figure out something to feed us. I'm sure I've got a Groupon for that, too! So that takes care of Saturday.
Sunday I will be up early to watch a controlled implosion of a local landmark, followed by meditation. I haven't scheduled it yet, but if there's an opening, I may use yet another Groupon and get a mani/pedi/massage in the afternoon. Add in some exercise and that should take care of Sunday.
Day One Results and Comments:
I did bathe. I did write the thank you emails. This one was interesting in that one email was to my mother and while I wasn't rude, it started out as very terse. Because of this assignment, I reframed my response and thanked her for her concern - not in that snarky way, but as a way of looking at something she said in a different way. Made all the difference in the world.
As for 3, I did have a meeting with someone that has pushed some of my buttons in the past. I followed this exercise and the meeting went very nicely.
4. Making and maintaining eye contact. Honestly, I have a hard time with this, but I did it, save one time when I forgot that I was supposed to be doing it. This is something that I need to work on. At this point, I don't know if it is still insecurity or just habit.
I'm recording my progress, saved my receipts and have a change jar going by the bed.
I could use some improvement in my food choices. Also chose not to exercise yesterday. I'm leaving for the gym in minutes!
Take good care of yourself. Be kind to others. Picture yourself successful.